Friday, March 24, 2006

Temporary Shock

Almost every night around 9:30 Disneyland has a firework show that is heard from my home. Each time the show begins, my son, Anthony stops what he is doing for about 10 seconds and then asks what the noise is. If I do or do not answer, he knows what it is about 99% of the time. He knows, but he still has a moment of shock. Isn’t this how we are with God sometimes? We know God has everything under control from valley low to mountain high. We pray for the miracle and claim the blessing. Yet, we still go into shock when we receive the blessing.

Every blessing I have received really has been a firework. Sometimes I hear it before I see it; sometimes I see it before I hear it. Sometimes others see it while I’m still looking. No matter if it is a single explosion or the grand finale, I know He has popped that blessing into my life, on that day, at that time because He does have my show under control. I don’t need to ask every time what it is that I’m hearing, because I should expect it. Is it really that shocking with “The Alpha and Omega” perfectly times the blessing? When “The Almighty” shows His power?

“And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth, and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened” (Luke 11:9-10)

“ And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing ye shall receive.” (Mathew 21:22)

No comments: