Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Meeting

A few days ago a coworker and I had a "meeting" which is the second "meeting" we’ve unintentionally had. We just happened to be discussing work issues and ended up asking each other how we can spiritually grow in the work place. I found out more about her from these two "meetings" than I have in the entire two years I have worked with her. What I found was that she has some of the same spiritual aspirations as myself, to be a witness in the work place.

As you may know, it is dangerous to intertwine religion in the workplace. When I first started in the company I heard about the religious fanatic who was fired for emailing the company about their sin and then stood on the corner protesting the company after she was fired. I have not heard any other horror stories of any kind since that day. It was almost like a silent warning, "Stop: Religion Is Not Allowed!"

So, seeking God’s direction I finally decided to act upon His push and threw out the bait. When she asked me how I dealt with one coworker in particular, I told her "I pray about it." That was it. The door was opened. Since then, we’ve had two "meetings." Additionally, I now have one coworker who comes to me for prayer and another who suggest religious reading.

As I was taking time to think about the changes God has made in my life, I realized that the "Philana Zone" is starting to shrink. Those cushioned walls I have built up around myself are starting to Deflate. It has taken me two years to get to this point, but God has rewarded my steps by opening doors.

No comments: