Friday, March 10, 2006

Esther

I am really enjoying Dr. Sweets book. It was hard for me to put down last night. I had to go back and reread a few sections because they made things so clear. Isn't funny how we can think something but cannot understand until someone else says it?

As I have been reading Dr. Sweets book I began to read the book of Esther. I have always been drawn to Esther. I consider her a great leader and Dr. Sweet is helping me to understand why. Esther sang a song with passion and aligned herself with her musicians (the Jews). They made a Grand Symphony. Once she heard the vision, she acted upon it and changed the course of history.

Her Soundtrack: The sweet song sang by Esther was of humbleness. Despite her beauty, her humbleness created a song that even the King could not resist. "Now when the turn came for Esther the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her as his daughter, to go in to the king, she requested nothing but what Hegai the king’s eunuch, the custodian of the women, advised. And Esther obtained favor in the sight of all who saw her." (Esther 2:15)

The Vibration: She chose the team that fit together. The team made a vibration that shook the foundations. "Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai: Go, gather all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will fast likewise…" (Esther 3:15-16).

The Magic of the Music: Esther heard the vision, stepped up to the plate and let it loose. From the very first movement, Esther’s heart song was being sung and the soundtrack was being created. With each line of the story, I can feel the heart beat of the symphony. I can see the Maestro directing the musicians. They’re building up to the crescendo and I’m on the edge of my seat. The vibrations are drawing me closer and closer preparing me for the dance. Bump, bump bump, bump…

Can you hear the music?

1 comment:

Mark Pryor said...

I loved this post. Esther is one of my favorite O.T. female characters. You brought out a couple of great points:

1. "She chose the team that fit together. The team made a vibration that shook the foundations."

I have often said that passion brings promotion. And I believe that when a team is united in passion there will come an earthquake of evangelism in O.C.

2. "Esther heard the vision, stepped up to the plate and let it loose...The vibrations are drawing me closer and closer preparing me for the dance. Bump, bump bump, bump…"

That is the key to be willing to let loose and go with the Holy Ghost flow. On the dance floor they follow the lead of partner, but in realm of revival we follow the leading of the spirit for we are not our own we have been bought with a price.