Monday, March 06, 2006

Rainbow Reflections

Do you remember when you were a child and you were told there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Of course, as every other kid probably did, I dreamed of one day reaching the end of the rainbow and claiming my pot of gold. But, as I got older I realized that I can’t even see the end of the rainbow! There couldn’t possibly be gold at the end of the rainbow!

You know what? There is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. But the gold (or our reward) is not here on earth, but in heaven. God gave us the rainbow to always remember His covenant: "And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh" (Gen 9:15). The rainbow helps me to remember that my life He has granted, grace and mercy He has provided and an eternal reward He has offered.

With this, I mark the beginning of my Rainbow Reflections.

1 comment:

Mark Pryor said...

That is a great post. I look forward to reading your "Rainbow Reflections." I've put you on my blogline.