Wednesday, January 31, 2007

How Many People Does it Take to Make Banana Pudding?

Apparently, it takes 3. =) Tonight, I was determined to make banana pudding and I told myself that I would not stop until I got it right. The custard was perfect, the bananas were cut just right and the nilla wafers were yum!yum! and waiting to go. When I got to the fluffy topping, that was another story. Sis Beka and Don took the first swing at it. An hour later, no fluffy white topping, but they got a good work out. I took the second swing, and another hour later, it was mostly fluffy white topping. And I got a work out. (See my hand muscles in the pic below)



After a lot of work and many good laughs, it was a wonderful sight to see the beautiful banana pudding coming out of the oven.



Sis Beka and Don thanks for your help. Since preparation time took about 3 hours (about 2 1/2 hours longer than I expected) and you had to go before you could get a taste, I will bring you some to church tonight. =)

P.S. I'm loving this whole cooking thing. Its great!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun and sis Philana did such a great job with her cooking. Two thumbs up Sis on dinner. We all laughed so much over this Banana Pudding. I learned so much last night 1.never give up know matter what and 2.if you open your self up to someone and let them know what you are going thrue you find out you are not alone and that alot of people are or have gone thrue the same thing.
Thank you so much sis for our one on one fellowship, you made me look at my whole situation different.
One more thing sis Philana did not blow up one thing and I did not break one thing. GOD is to good.
Sis Beka

Philana Jones said...

Thank you as well Sis Beka. We had a wonderful time.
And YES, God is good! ALL the time!

Mark Pryor said...

Hey, if you're bringing banana pudding to church don't forget Pastor. :-)

Mark Pryor said...

BTW I'm thinking you should start a new blog "Adventures In The Kitchen" LOL

Alaina said...

Haha. Yay for not blowing anything up! And I agree with pastor on the kitchen blog thing. hehe :-) You could post recipes.. and what you learned.. then someone like Alaina can use your advice and maybe it will prevent another donut or oatmeal incident. :-)