Thursday, April 06, 2006

To every thing there is a season...

I finished reading Joy Haney’s book. Living in the Miracle Level. I was so excited about this book when I first began to read it that I knew I would have finished it sooner. However, I unintentionally began to slow down. A few things I began to read again in an effort to absorb all that I can. So, when I laid this book down last night, I realized (though I have been told this before) that God perfectly planned the timing of my reading this book. Since I picked up this book (1 ½ weeks ago), I can literally point out all of the different situations that have presented themselves during this week and a half, that applied to the very chapter I was reading at that time.

I am a visual person, I learn from seeing and doing, not just hearing. God used my strengths and built upon them. God allowed me to see the answer (The Bible and this book), He gave me the trial (the doing), I applied the answer to my questions (prayer & fasting for my trials) and then I understood. He answered the question before I asked. He gave me the way out before I saw the need. It was cause and effect. God was saying, here is the effect of prayer. Then he would present a cause for prayer. He would say, here is the effect of fasting. Then He would present a cause for fasting.

Do I take this as coincidence? No, I do not. We are presented with trials in all times of our lives, but most times we do not understand why we face these trials. We may never know. But in these instances I can strongly say, this is what God wanted to show me. Can I be wrong in my assumptions? Yes. Do I believe that I am wrong? No. Why? Because this is God’s perfect timing. "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." (Ecc 3:1)

I have prayed and I have fasted
I believe that I will receive.
I have claimed in Jesus Name
And He’s promised the victory!

No comments: