Monday, April 03, 2006

Living with The Ark of God

This morning as I was reading Joy Haney’s book, Living in the Miracle Level, I began to think about the blessings of God. After being blessed so wonderfully in the last several weeks, I couldn’t help but wonder how do I stay within God’s realm of blessings? How do I continue to receive what He desires for me to receive? I don’t want to just feel blessed when I physically see the blessing, but I want to feel blessed everyday. So how do I stay on this path when there are so many twist and turns in the road? How do I stay consistent when living for God?

Sister Haney pointed out that when we touch Jesus, we are blessed. She said “It is interesting to note that this blessing is also demonstrated in the Old Testament, and it was centered around the Ark of God. Whoever possessed the ark was blessed.” Although I am not physically in the presence of the ark of God, but I am capable of touching Jesus everyday. Just like the title of the chapter, “Living the Blessing,” I can live in the blessing by staying in His presence at all times. I must glorify Him and lift Him up. Draw closer to Him and allow Him to lead me and guide me.

There is no limit to His blessings and there should be no limit to mine. As stated in Psalms 34:1 “I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.” By giving my all in praise, in worship, by glorifying Him and mirroring His behavior, I am allowing myself to live in the blessing. In my giving, I will receive more abundantly. To live with the Ark of God, is to glorify God at all times.

No comments: