Thursday, April 13, 2006

Standing on the Promises of God

On April 11, I wrote the following:

I am so sick of the devil trying to interfere in my life and in the blessings of God, that I began to claim this victory in Jesus name. God never intended for us to live our lives at the mercy of the devil, so there is no need for me to get all caught up in the devil’s manipulative power but to declare victory in the power of the Almighty God.

I did exactly this, declared His victory and believed. I was determined to change my way of thinking because I realized that it was a hindrance and the plan of the devil and not the will of God. I never realized that I was locking the blessings out of my life. Only when I got so fed up with the devil did I figure out that too many times did I believe the lies of the devil.
So, I battled with the devil. I kicked up my investment in God a little bit more and declare victory on His promises. I wrote down what I was believing for God to do so that I would not forget the goodness of Jesus when Victory became mine.

Today, two days later, I have received 3 out of the 8 miracles I was seeking. One thing I was told I would receive on April 25. I told the devil to get behind me because I believed it would come it on April 13th. The first came this morning and the remaining two came in within hours and the fourth will be delivered tomorrow. What comfort is received when standing on the promises of God!

I say all of this not for you to think I am only concerned with financial miracles. My April 11th submission used my raise as an example. I am still believing that this is going to be worked out. God delivered on other blessings. You see, we don’t have to believe that God can only bless us with money. The real reward is not in money. The reward I received out of this was the conformation of God’s promises; a conformation in my spirit and the answer to my prayers. My prayers were beyond financial blessings. They were prayers of the heart and assurance of the changes I am trying to make in me.

No comments: