Thursday, April 20, 2006

Confidence Building

My boss just went on vacation for about 3 weeks. So in preparation for her absence, she began to set-up some time with me in order to see where I'm at in my projects. Instead, she decided to not set-up time, but said "Philana, I trust you. You already know what to do. You know the answer before you even come to me." She was right. I usually know the answer but I doubt myself. I don't want to be wrong so I check to make sure that I'm right. Her statement made me realize that my confidence is not built by always being right, but by being wrong. My past failures have helped to build the confidence I have today. I am only where I am today because I was willing to take the risk of being wrong in order to learn what's right. I've tried, failed but tried again, just another way. It takes stepping out to find out how to win.

No comments: