Monday, November 13, 2006

She Knew The Way

I love my mother.
She’s a beautiful star in my night
A shining ray of sunlight.
She brought me up the way she thought I should go
Gave me to God and dedicated her soul
I love my mother
Although I only had five years with her,
I have come to know her as if she is with me each day
I’ve come to understand her choices
I’ve come to accept her leaving
Because I know that she knew which way I should go

When I ran away into the world,
I couldn’t let go of what she had taught me
When I sought after every possible moment of happiness
I couldn’t forget her joy
When I think about how her life was dedicated to a God and His church
I think about how I dedicate mine
And with all these thoughts
I know she loved me so,
Because she taught me the way I should go.

Today I live my life for this God
And I’m showing my son the same
So when my son thinks God is bigger than Batman
And stronger than Superman
I can’t help but say
This is all because I have a God who loves me so much
That He gave me a mother
Who knew the way I should go.

No comments: