Wednesday, November 15, 2006

C2C Night: Relationships

Tonight in C2C we talked about relationships. I quite enjoyed myself. The first thing that Bro Frank asked us to do was to write down all the things we would want in a spouse. It was funny in a sad way, but I thought of more things that I didn’t want in a spouse than I thought of what I did want in a spouse. That was eye opening because I have been in a somewhat fear of marriage. I have wanted to get married for so long, but now that I have truly enjoyed my single life, I have been seeing the things that marriage would take away from me.

But, that is not the way to look at marriage, even when I am comfortable in my current situation. Having to think of the good qualities only made me realize that as long as I am in the will of God, it will be all right. There are so many things to look forward to, but so much to be patient and wait for. There is so much that I would want from my spouse, yet there is so much that I need to learn to give.

Marriage is so many things and so much more than just love and infatuation. Marriage is so many things that tonight I couldn’t name them all.

2 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Here is a thought: The person who is miserable single will end up being miserably married and it is only the person who can enjoy being single that can enjoy being married.

Philana Jones said...

Maybe that's what scarred me. I actually enjoy being single whereas before, I couldn't wait to get married. Singlehood has it's ups and downs but its a good life. =)