Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Not Until You Bless Me

“And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.” Genesis 32:24-26

I have asked God for His blessings in several different areas of my life. Some things are more urgent than others. Although I have not seen every prayer fulfilled, I will not let go until God blesses me. I believe that there are going to be trials where every bone will ache in your body, where every day seems to put you on wits end. There will be days were you think you will make it through without having to fight only to find out that the night has brought another story. There might be nights where sleep is hard to find, and there might be nights where all you can do is sleep. Through it all, it is imperative to hold on until you have victory. Do not let go until ye be blessed. As I’ve heard it said before, Just keep holdin’ on. Just keep holdin’ on.

3 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

There is Power in Persistence! That was the key to victory for one lady in the Bible who prevailed over an unjust judge.

Jose Joaquin Parrilla said...

My husband and I were just looking up that scripture on Jacob on his iphone and we came across your beautiful message. I feel the same way as you do. I will not give up on my prayers. Never! Like Jacob, I will not be denied. And not because I am worthy of it, because none of us are. But because I believe in what God promised me in the Bible (that He hears my every prayer). Just like Jacob wrestled with God until he was blessed, I will keep praying and hoping because I believe in God's promises. God never gives up on us, but many times we ourselves give up on Him when our prayers are not answered immediately and we lose faith. In my life I have seen God answer many of my prayers already, and I believe that He will answer the rest of the prayers in my heart one day. But when certain prayers take years to be answered, it is easy to begin to lose hope and to think "God forgot me." But we must remember what God tells us in the Bible: "I will never forget you" (Isaiah 49:15-16). And many times we must also remember that God is not ignoring our prayers, but that it simply may not be the right time yet for that prayer to be answered. And even when bad things happen, we must remember everything happens for a reason, and we must trust God's will. It is in those moments when I remind myself "no condition is permanent except heaven". So far in my life God Has wiped every tear from my eyes, but I am also glad that in heaven there will be no tears. With that said, continue to be persistent in your prayer life for the Bible repeatedly tells us that God hears our prayers and that God's promises are true. I have a locket pendant in which I carry 2 scriptures (instead of pictures). One says "God does not allow not even one of His promises to fail" (from the book of Sirach) and the other one states that He will grant the petitions of the righteous (Psalm 37). Every time I feel like I am losing faith, I open my locket pendant and re-read those 2 scriptures. Just like Jacob, I will continue to pray relentlessly until every single prayer in my heart is answered. And I am glad to see that you are doing the same. My husband and I prayed for you when we read your blog message. May your every prayer come true. And keep remembering what John 16 says: Whatever we ask in prayer in Jesus' name, He will grant. So like Jacob, pray until God blesses you and answers you. He will! God bless you and keep praying relentlessly!. God loves you! From Mari and Joaquin Parrilla

Philana Jones said...

Thank you Mari and Joaquin for you r kind words. I am still holding on.