Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Word

If I may take this moment to have a word with you. It is almost 3:00 in the morning and I have been having personal time with God in prayer. I have tossed and turned all night after I went to bed sick, so I know there is a word that God wants me to share.

When I woke up in bed this morning, God told me to go pray. I pray in my front room which is why I had to "go" pray instead of get down and pray. Well, I didn't want to get out of bed. So I fought it. As I began to cover Anthony up (the nights are getting colder), Anthony in his sleep said "pray". Well if that is not a check in the spirit. So I have been praying.

In my time of prayer, God basically said to me to not worry when only a few people show up to prayer meeting. Think of this as a time for you to have better prayer. With more people there are distractions, when there are two or three you can get down to business.

God is not saying that unifed prayer with the whole church is not powerful, because it is. He is saying not to worry about others because He has a blessing for us and He is granting us the time in prayer with Him.

1 comment:

Mark Pryor said...

For some reason this reminded me of how Gideon's reduction brought victory. God can always do MORE with LESS!!! So if you're like Moses and all you have is a rod release it in the hands of God...and watch the rod become a key to deliverance and revival.