Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tip of The Week

Learn something new everyday.

Today I learned about Boanerges. I came across this during my internet reading. See Robbymac.org. According to Dictionary.com this means sons of thunder, a surname given by our Lord to James and John (Mark 3:17) on account of their fervid and impetuous temper (Luke 9:54). Prior to their spiritual maturity, James and John could be known as Boanerges. We definitely do not remember them as such.

It’s wonderful how God’s presence in a person’s life can be so evident in their character. As a teenager, I was once classified as "The Black Heart." I was brutally honest and at times (well many times) just flat out cold hearted. I can’t say that I am not brutally honest at times in my adult life, but I am definitely not known for it any longer. I have people asking me if I ever get angry. Now, they obviously do not spend much time with me because I still have to work out some of that road rage (all part of living in California), but there has been a change since I’ve allowed God to step into my life and take control.

As Robbymac put it, "What kind of a man [woman] do I want to be known as? Boanerges or the apostle of love?"

No comments: