Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Soldier In God's Army

I sang a song not too long ago that I heard from our ladies conference about not letting the devil drive with you. The speaker noted that when she was a little girl, her mother never allowed her to hate anything. My father was the same way. "Hate" was too strong a word so I could say that I disliked something, but never "hate". But there is one thing we can hate, that’s the devil. I’ve come to realize that if I don’t hate him, then I must in some way support him. Since I can never trust him, than why should I stand on his side. I cannot seem to shake this image, but I keep thinking about how the devil hates me because I live for God. Every time I give thanks to God, I imagine a black eye to the devil. Every time I give praise or worship to God, I imagine a kick to the shin. Every time I tell the Lord how much I love him, I can imagine the heart attack that the devil receives when he hears me (that’s right, the devil doesn’t have a heart). Basically, if I am not against the devil, then I am for him. His fate is already decided. In Luke 10:18 it says "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven." His fate is already decided, there is no way I will let him decide mine too. I will keep fighting with praise, with prayer, with worship and most importantly through God. I will keep spreading the word and testifying of God’s goodness. God will win every time.

No comments: