Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Thinking on the Positive

I’m a morning person. When I wake up, my mind automatically begins to shift into gear. At night, I am quite opposite. My mind begins to hibernate. I am easily distracted unless I totally submerge myself in a calm quiet environment. Over the last couple of years I have learned to adapt because my son is quite opposite of me. He is groggy in the morning and totally awake at night. So one thing I have learned to do is to think in the morning, ponder on those thoughts throughout the day and wrap everything up at night. I have cycled my thinking process so that I give myself my best work environment when I am at my best.

This is why it is important that I begin the introduction to and conclude my day with positive thoughts. What I do in the morning and at night influence my thoughts and actions throughout the day. If I end my day with negative thoughts, I wake up with them. If I start my day with negative thoughts, my behavior will be reflective of those thoughts throughout my day. So it is important that I keep thinking on the positive because influences and consequences of negativity is just not worth it.

No comments: