Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

Ruth 1:16
And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God


As a single Mother, Mother’s Day normally leans more towards an average day. Since my son is young and still very dependent upon me, any events planned are planned by me. This Mother’s Day, I have been truly blessed with a wonderful eventful weekend. As Sister Terry has said, I’ve been emotional this weekend. The reason is because I realized, that although I have gone many Mother’s Day without a mother, I have the opportunity to make each Mother’s Day special with my son and adopted “niece and nephew”. These years are my second chance to give what I didn’t have and I thank God for such a blessing.

To all of the single mothers and all of the women who have lost their mother’s, I wish you a wonderful Mother’s Day.

To all of the women who have taken the time to teach me and guide me and love me, I love you and hope your day was even more blessed than mine.

To Sister Pryor, Happy First Mother’s Day in Orange County. Anthony and I appreciate you and love you.

No comments: