Friday, December 01, 2006

Am I In-Love?

I read this blog today, Why I Think God is Amazing, and couldn’t help but question, am I in love with God? Can you really fall in love with God? There have been times when I think of God more as a parent than as a partner. Yet, there have been times when I think of Him as my soul mate instead of an elder. Although, I fear Him, I love Him and there are days when I lose my breath thinking about life without Him. There were times when I would get upset with Him (unrightfully so), but every time that I would ask for forgiveness, He forgave me. I had tried hard to make this relationship work only to find out that 100% of the time it was my fault. LOL. Past my immediate family, I have never fallen in love before because all I experienced was infatuation (took some aging to realize this). I don’t know what love feels like. But I get butterflies in my stomach thinking about Him, my heart skips a beat when I seek Him, and I can’t help but smile when I’m near Him. It makes me wonder, have I fallen in love?

No comments: