Saturday, September 30, 2006

Outreach

For those of you who do not know me well, I am terribly shy. I get really nervous when having to speak to people, but I make it a goal to do so. However, I will run wild if you let me loose to speak in front of a crowd. Crowds are less personable, therefore it is easier for me to mess up and move on rather than if I think I am going to be ridiculed in a small crowd (I know small crowds are not bad I just have a fear of small versus large). So on Direct Connect outreach today I was giving a card to a passerbyer and got nervous when the card got stuck. Eventually, after seconds of fumbling and messing things all up, I gave the card to the person. We looked at each other and laughed. He openly accepted the card.

Basically, I said all of that to say this. To be nervous is natural, no matter what end of the table you sit on, but don't let your nervousness turn into a fear that will hinder you from getting the job done. In the end, if may just be the mess you made that clears the path for someone else's salvation.

No comments: