Monday, October 01, 2007

Church Grannies


I have had so much fun lately with our grannies. There is so much wisdom that is displayed from them. The experience they have and the strength they exhibit is fascinatingly wonderful.

Saturday night on our way to the Everywoman’s BBQ, we (Trudie, Granny, Lula and myself) were all chit chatting away. The car was filled with happy talk, laughter and the Holy Ghost.

Lula (I call her Granny Lu) was telling of her past experiences and her days filled at this “holiness” church. I was definitely God’s will that we met. Granny was reminiscing on her days of youth and Trudie was telling of her days in Illinois.

Wonderful is all that I can call these women. Wonderful and hilarious! They have so much personality to go along with that wisdom. Laughter truly is medicine for the heart and soul. I am blessed to be able to drive them around. Ya’ll just don’t know how much you are missing out on. Maybe one day I will share them (just kidding).

3 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Great post. It is awesome to be around our elders. Most times when I am hanging with preachers you will find me either with the ones younger than me (I love their vision, passion and vitality) or the elders (I love their wisdom and to hear them share their experiences).

Debbie Pryor said...

Yes, we love these dear ladies. They are a great blessing to be around.

bernice rios said...

I Thessalonians 2:3-4 "We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers."
Remembering without ceasing YOUR work of FAITH and Labor of LOVE, and PATIENCE of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our father."

I,m with pastor on this one, We don't know what we are missing by not listening to are elderly. They have so much wisdom and the sweetest spirits. And they always make you laugh. We all need to learn from them. Thanks for taking time out to be with them. Let's do lunch with them. I would love to join you.