Thursday, September 20, 2007

In Due Season

Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.
---------------

I read something today that I thought I'd share. I read of a man that was asking God for a wife. He prayed this in thinking that maybe God's will might be for him to marry a woman in his church. When he realized that his feelings for these woman did not change, the man then changed his prayer and began to pray for preparation of his wife. This man never stopped asking for what he desired, but he understood that in time God would provide him with the desires of his heart. Until that time was to come, he would prepare for what God was going to provide.

I am single and a mother of one. My desire is for Anthony to have a wonderful father that loves him as if he were in fact his own blood, a husband who will love me as Christ commanded and a man that I would greatly respect, love and cherish for all of my days. I have not found this man as yet, but there is nothing stopping me from preparing for his arrival.

All this cooking (and I am getting good at it) is a form of preparation. Regardless, I have to cook for Anthony, but he could care less that he had to eat cereal because I burned the fried chicken. I must practice in preparation for the day that I must liberally exercise my skills in the culinary arts. (A note to my future husband, don't worry. By the time you come along I will be good at frying chicken)

Any ways, the point I am trying to say is that the blessing has not arrived, yet. But there is no reason why you cannot prepare for when it finally comes. Get your umbrella ready. Hang the rain coat up by the front door. Get that rain slicker if you want to. When the rain finally comes, get yo' stuff, go outside and enjoy your due season in the rain.

4 comments:

bernice rios said...

Awesome thought. Think on this, somewhere God has a man preparing to be your husband and father to Anthony. Hang in there.

Alice said...

These are great revalations you blogged here today, but I want to comment on one thing, "Good fried chicken starts with a good seasoned cast iron skillet" Maybe your future mother in-law will help you out like mine did, she gave me her seasoned skillet, which means to me that she loves her son enough to part with a very good fried chicken makin' pan...lol

Philana Jones said...

I will make sure to note the seasoned skilled. That definitely wasn't on my list. LOL

Debbie Pryor said...

Great post. Just keep practing. God will bless you with a great husband.