Saturday, September 08, 2007

Sister, you are Beautiful

I was in the market tonight after an awesome revival service and overheard some women talking about me. I am not one to eavesdrop so I didn't tune in until I heard the word "tall" and realized it was me, when in my peripheral view, I noticed them staring my way. They were saying that I was pretty, tall and there was something about me that just makes me beautiful. I am not sharing this to brag, but I am saying this because I instantly knew what they were saying was beautiful. It was the Holy Ghost! They were attracted to the Holy Ghost that was shining through. I feel like I could sing, It was the Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost!

Ladies, we are beautiful. Physical beauty is not enough to be beautiful. It is was comes from within. And with the Spirit living within us, beauty permeates off of us. I don't think we hear it enough, but we are beautiful. We shine, shine, shine and should be proud of the name we carry. As it was heard tonight, we are bad!

4 comments:

bernice rios said...

You are beautiful, inside and out!!!
Psalms 149:4
" For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation and adorn the wretched with victory."

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sis Bernice you are a beautiful women of God.

Philana Jones said...

Beka, thank you. Do not exclude yourself from this. You are beautiful as well. Love ya Sis. PJ

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Women of God are the most beautiful women in the world. One of my favorite thing to tell our young ladies and I do it often.