Sunday, October 07, 2007

Shopping to Invite




Went down yesterday to the mall with Granny & Granny Lu. We were hanging out having a good ole time buying some $2 skirts from JcPenny. You would think that my young age would give me an advantage in the energy department, but you would be wrong. I was worn out (and happy) at the end of our 4 hour excursion.

And don't think we shopped the time away. Nope, we were on a mission. We came prepared with church cards and a smile. Check out some of our techniques.

  • THE GOLD MEDAL DASH technique: After we grabbed a bite to eat and were headed towards the exit, Granny Lu grabbed a church card from me and ran (yes, she ran) after this woman to invite her to church.
  • I KNOW YOU WANNA BUY technique: The verizon wireless guy was shocked when his sales pitch was turned right back on him.
  • 'CHEESE' technique: The Glamour Shots guys asked us if we wanted to take some pics. BAM! Church cards pulled right out of the purse and into their hands.
  • YUM!YUM! technique: The lady selling us some candy. BAM! Church card slammed down on the counter (I did that one).
  • YOU HUNGRY? technique: The lady at the food court eating. BAM! Invited to church.
Everyone they talked to walked away with a church card. Those people in that mall didn't know what was coming when we pulled up.

5 comments:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

WAY TO GO!!! That's pretty much what happens when I go somewhere, anywhere.
Today, lunch with the kids, I passed some, and Crystal went to a group of young people. Our boys and girls were right in there with her. Teach by example.
At the shoe store with only the girls, there we go, give a card to the cashier.
Invite! Invite! Invite! One plants, one waters, God gives the increase!

Debbie Pryor said...

It is great fun to invite people. Let's keep reaching!

Mark Pryor said...

Thats what I'm talking about... :-) Great report. Glad you all had such a great time witnessing.

Anonymous said...

What a great post it put such a smile on my face and in my heart. Love the hole BAM thing. Think I need to take more tips from you ladies.

Alice said...

BAM is right! They didn't know what hit them, but I'm sure you got their minds thinking!