Monday, May 21, 2007

InDanger'd Species

Anthony brought home a sticker from Sunday school that said "Prayer Works". When I asked him to tell me how prayer has worked in his life, one of his answers was that it helps him not to become an endangered species. I laughed at first but thought 'tis true. We are an endangered species without prayer. Just like our schools are endangered with the removal of "God" from the atmosphere. What sense of order do we have without prayer? I can speak for myself, I have NONE. Without prayer Anthony and myself are both "in danger". In danger of not being in the will of God. In danger of not following the direction of God. In danger of falling into the hands of the prey and being devoured by the jaws of life. Anthony was absolutely correct, prayer helps us not to become and InDanger'd Species.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Anthony he just rocks, sometimes he blows me away the things he says. But as you said he is right.
Out of the mouth of babes.

Mark Pryor said...

InDanger'd Species...I like it. Great how a sticker coming home with a child from Sunday Morning service can become a family devotions.

Philana Jones said...

Yes. The teaching Anthony receives in Sunday School is outstanding. Two thumbs up to the CED department! I love to hear what he says about his lessons. It always gives us great stuff to talk about.