Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Six Foot and Proud

Today, I wore flat shoes, which is a rarity for me. Though I stand 6’ tall, I love to wear heels and have no quarrels about it at all. I realized that I must be "giganta" woman when I am in my heels because today I wasn’t towering over my coworkers as I normally do. So when I received numerous stares and comments on not wearing heels I instantly thought to an article that I read in Shape Magazine. It was nothing big, but just some quotes on things that have made people feel good. One woman was tall and made the comment that although she towers at 6’1", she loves to wear heels to show the world what an "amazon" women she is. This made me laugh because I do notice that when I get off the platform from praise singing that my microphone normally stands a foot higher than all the rest. I don’t dress this way for attention, I purely do it because I love heels and feel bare without them. God made me tall, and I will love every inch because that’s what He wanted me to be. God made us in the form he liked best for us, don’t try to be something that you are not, but love what you are.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." (Genesis 1:27)

No comments: