Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Love Language of a Single Parent - Introduction

I have been reading The Five Love Languages of Children, a book written by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell. The book is exactly about the what the title says, the love languages of children. I have to say that it is an exceptional read, especially for those parents who have no idea what happened to that once loveable, outgoing child.

I think as parents we often don't realize what changes our children go through and how sensitive they are to their surroundings and anything that threatens to alter it. We equate everything to the "phase" that they are going through, when it might simply be a cry out for love.

So, this got me to thinking...I as an adult have often cried out, even when I didn't realize that I was doing it. I too have gone through phases, my most memorable being postpartem depression, but there are things that I battle with still today. If I was to examine my love language I would have to say that at that time, my tank is not quite full. But I know where I can fill up.

So, starting tomorrow, I will begin my 5-day blog on the five love languages of a young single parent (Since I am one). Each day I will examine one love language and discuss what a single parent might think when the tank is empty and when the tank is full. Tomorrow, I will begin with the language of physical touch.

Stay tunned for more....

1 comment:

Mark Pryor said...

I have a feeling this is going to be a great series, I'm definitely tuned in and no, I'm not touching that dial...not even the remote...LOL