Thursday, August 30, 2007

Back to School

Today is Anthony's first day back to school. Until Sunday, I was not ready for him to go back to school. I truly enjoyed our summer time together and wasn't ready to end. Come Monday, he practically talked my ear off. That's when I realized, even if I am not ready, he definitely is.

So, today we are off to meet his first grade teacher, Mrs. Jennings. As every mother probably is when their kids go off, I have a mix of emotions. Anxiousness, nervousness, excitement are all rolled up into me right now. A part of me wants the time to stop and the other part wants to jump until the end of the day so that I can find out how school went for him.

MY BABY IS GROWING UP! & FAST!

2 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Philana, I understand...last night we barely got to church on time because it was the Back To School night at TMA where we met Sheldon's new teacher...and my wife and I discussed similar thoughts. :-)

bernice rios said...

Laugh with them, Cry with them,Pray with them, and Enjoy them. For so soon they are grown into adults and have families of their own. And then you become a Grandma!!AND THEN you can really spoil them. LOL.