Friday, August 31, 2007

Anthony's First Day of School

Well, we made it through the first day with ease. I was more nervous than Anthony. He is comfortable in new environments. With his sociable personality and desire to meet new people, he got along just fine. I was impressed by his teacher. She is very organized and disciplined. Just what Anthony needs. From what I have come to learn, our most valuable weapon as parents (outside of God) is our consistency. Anthony knows I love him when I discipline him because I am consistent and kept to my word. If I act out of anger and punish him, he tends to fear me instead of respect me. Anthony needs to know which way the ball is going to fall, whether he is going to be reprimanded or loved. To have a disciplined teacher, is an answer to prayer, because God knew just what my son needed.

No comments: