Sunday, June 03, 2007

Don't Play Chicken with God

Have you ever played the game of Chicken? You know, the game where you test your "courage" by playing some crazy dangerous game against someone else. Whomever backs out of the challenge first is considered a chicken. I am sure there is a better way of explaining this game and I am also sure the you probably know what I am talking about. Most people play these games as juveniles, some continue on well past their adolescence. As much as we'd like to think that we don't play it anymore, I'd like to pose this question to you, have you recently played Chicken with God?

You know, "just a little bit more and I will stop". "Well, it can wait until tomorrow". "Really, tomorrow I will change". "I have plenty of time to ask for forgiveness, today is just not that day". This does not have to apply to what we think are "big sins", this can as easily be applied to what could be considered "small sins". Although all sins are viewed as the same in God's eyes, "Big sins" start somewhere. And just remember, the "bigger" our sins tend to get, the less of a sin the "small" ones seem to be.

I know that there are things I am guilty of. And no, I am not going to share. =) However, I do want to say that playing Chicken with God is useless because He always wins. Whether you decide that you are never backing down or that you will just back down for now, YOU LOSE. God has the last call. After all, He is The Judge and has the final call on our eternity.

So, be a wise man, not a fool. Don't go playing Chicken with God. As Mr. T use to say, "I pity the fool!"

2 comments:

bernice rios said...

I would be chicken to play chicken with God!! Yes He always wins.

Mark Pryor said...

He always wins and it would be foolish to think otherwise. Mr. T's quote was a good wrap to a great post.