Thursday, April 12, 2007

Testimony

For Wednesday night services, I normally leave my house early to give myself time to practice a little before service. Yesterday, I left at 6:30 as normal and while en route to church, I realized that I forgot my check book. This posed two problems: 1) We were taking a sacrificial offering in service and I would not be able to participate that night if I didn't have my check book and 2) I would not make it to church early and would possibly be late to our 7:00 prayer meeting if I were to turn around to get the check book. After a few minutes of thought, I decided to turn around and get my check book. I figured that I could cut out practice and if I were to hurry I would make it to service on time since I had allowed myself the additional 15 minutes in the first place.

So, I went home, got my check book and headed back to church. As I was on my way I came across an accident. This accident took place in pretty much the exact area that I would have been had I not turned around. Instantly, I knew once I passed that scene that God had saved me from that accident. I thought to myself, not only do I serve an awesome God, but if I had not acted upon my first instinct (which I believe to be the nudging of God), I would have more than likely been the one in that accident. Although, I pray for the women who were involved and pray that everything will turn out all right for the both of them, I am grateful that I listened to God and turned around.

3 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Awesome testimony. Thank God for His hand of protection.

Anonymous said...

God is to good, I also passed the same accident but with me being in my own thoughts I did not even see it until I almost hit some of the mangled car parts laying in the middle of the road. Praise God that I was able to slam on my breaks and not damage my new car. Those poor girls I felt so sorry for them but thank God they looked to be ok.
God always seems to have his hands on us.





accident

Debbie Pryor said...

Wow, I am glad that you were kept safe and sound. Praise God!