Monday, February 19, 2007

We Hugged U OC!

This Valentine's Day was the best Valentines I have had in a long while. As a single parent there is one thing that can make you lonely, Valentine's Day. Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, 4th of July are normally spent with family, but this is one occasion where a third person (or maybe 2) is literally a fifth wheel.

But this Valentine's Day instead of dwelling on what I didn't have or what I wasn't involved in, I was truly blessed to be involved in God's wonderful work, OUTREACH. A few of us single moms, went out and Hugged OC.


Although this outreach is a year round effort (and quite fun at that), we took this Valentine's Day Serving Those Who Serve Us. We went out and gave some HugOC Cards with chocolates attached and reached out to employees at Starbucks, Taco Bell, QueenBee Chinese, Popeye's Chicken and even Subway. You can find the photos on My AWESOME Church's flick'r web site. I even found a 6'7" man with hair that probably made him 7'0". WOW! I love it.


Unfortunately, we barely touched OC in the couple of hours we were out. Fortunately, this is only the beginning. There is so much more to do. So many more lives to touch and what a way to do it! Thank you Sis Rebecca and Sis Patty (Brianna and Monce too!) for your wonderful help. I look forward to what we will accomplish this year.


And if you don't live in OC, here is a HUG for you.



2 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Great post. Thank you all for your outreach endeavors and lets continue to Hug OC.

Anonymous said...

God was good to us that day. When I laid my head on my pillow that night all I could do is just thank the Lord. I was so blessed by the look on the peoples faces when we gave them our little gift. I cant wait until the next time.
Thank you sis for all your hard work.